STATUS CODES DURING SET-UP
Slow Pulsing Green – Your Touch Lamp will always pulse a slow pulsing green when first plugged in, this means it is looking for your WiFi.
Fast Pulsing Orange – Your Touch Lamp cannot find your WiFi.
Most likely you have not configured you lamp to WiFi. Go to filimin.com/setup to configure it.
Another reason could be that your WiFi is not in range and you should try moving your Touch Lamp to a location closer to your router. Move the Filimin as close as you can to your router to get connected to the WiFi. After that it can go anywhere in the house.
Try different devices - laptop, phone, tablet. If they have a weak signal it often takes many attempts.
The Filimin cannot run on 5GHz WiFi. It will only find and connect to 2.4GHz. Make sure your WiFi is configured to allow a 2.4GHz connection. Most routers are capable of a range, but some need to be configured manually to one or the other.
What type of WiFi does the customer have, and are they in an institutional setting (university or corporation)? Do they have any type of firewall or security on their internet? (This will prevent the Filimin from finding WiFi.)
Pulsing Blue - The lamp is configured and searching for its friends, but cannot find another lamp in the group.
Solid Red – Your Touch Lamp will always show a solid red during its boot-up process while it checks for and possibly downloads and installs a firmware update. Do Not Unplug Touch Lamp During This Time.
- Often this will be because the customer is not yet connected to the WiFi and internet. Ask if the lamp turns a solid color when they touch it. If it can't, we are still working on connecting to the internet (see above).
- Didn’t receive email – Check spam folder.
- Tell the customer to send an e-mail to email@example.com - It doesn't need to have any kind of message, it will just identify that the customer approves of mail from this address and may make the delivery a little faster.
- Email loop – Clear cache or try a different browser.
Another thing to try: Instead of resubmitting the email in the web page try clicking on the "already registered" link that is there.
- Lamp is unresponsive – May have been unplugged during setup - If unplugged while solid red, lamp will need to be returned to manufacturer.
Not connecting with other lamps in group
- Registered at different email than invitation sent to – Resend invitation to same email as lamp registered to.
- On registration page lamp is in unassigned category – Drag into group category.
- Group has not been set up – Set up a group and send out invitations.
If they registered and set up a group, most likely, they are in the same group together but the Filimins have not been dragged into the group. This is a common mistake, which means it probably isn't as intuitive as it should be. Here's the exact place in the video where they talk about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8oWzfqoO48&t=4m43s
Auto Configuration on Windows PCs
- Windows users are usually successful using the Auto Configuration app to connect their lamp to WiFi.
- Visit filimin.com/support/
- The third bullet under "Troubleshooting" (on the right) is: I'm having trouble connecting my Filimin to WiFi. <-- select this one.
- Download the autoconfig program via the links within this paragraph:
To help those who do have Windows devices, we have an autoconfiguration program to help; if your Windows device is connected to your 2.4Ghz home network, download and run our program and it will configure your Filimin to you WiFi network name and password for you.
- NOTE: when they can't run the auto-config they will get an error message. If it just says "Cannot find Filimin" they will have an option to retry. They can just click on that and try again. Oftentimes it will take 3-5 times to get it to connect...we are just waiting for that magic moment!
There are a lot of other error messages that can appear and will give us information about what the problem is. Remember to ask the customer what the error message says, and forward this information to the Filimin Support team via ZenDesk using the Filimin macro.
PDFs and YouTube Links
- View the attached PDFs for more Filimin set up instructions and advice.
- Visit the following YouTube videos:
How to Connect to WiFi https://youtu.be/vt2na149kpI
Set Up, Adding Groups https://youtu.be/q1MiBBYa2Q0